Are you looking to re-create the bright and punchy Classic Rock sounds of the 60's and 70's? Our Vintage Maple shells are a great platform!
We carefully combine a number of unique ingredients to help you achieve that authentic sound you are seeking:
- 1 ¼ inch deep 8-ply Maple reinforcement hoops are included with toms, floor toms, and snares.
- 1 ¾ inch deep 8-ply Maple reinforcement hoops are included with bass drum shells.
- We started with our skilled craftsmen;
- North American Maple and Poplar
- Mixed in our patented VSS™ (Vibrating Sound Source), a Keller Products innovation that conditions each shell and intensifies the classic qualities; and,
- Topped them off with Maple reinforcement hoops.
These shells are currently available in a 6-ply construction in the vintage sizes outlined below. Special orders are considered upon request.
The VSS Difference
VSS Shells provide manufacturers with cleaner entry and exit for drilling, more consistent bearing edges, and improved stability for finishing. Players can expect drums that start with VSS shells to deliver a wider tonal range, more resonant frequencies, and noticeable volume increases.
- Toms - 8x10, 8x12, 9x13, 10x14
- Floor Toms - 14x14, 16x16, 16x18
- Snares - 5x14, 6½x14, 7x14
- Bass Drums - 14x18, 14x20, 14x22, 14x24
The Keller Difference
As a leading drum shell manufacturer for nearly 70 years, we know what it takes to build long-lasting, high-quality shells. In fact, many of the quality drums and kits from the 60's and 70's were made in the same factory as today. All of our drum shells are made only from woods that have undergone rigorous selection and screening processes. In addition, they are created using our state-of-the-art stagger seam lamination process.